New AirPods Pro 2 features: heart rate detection, USB-C, upgraded H1 chip
AirPods Pro may sport a whole range of exciting new features, including hearing aid functionality, heart rate detection, and a USB-C port, among others.
The new version of the earbuds still has a stem, and the overall design is very similar to the previous models.
Here a list of the expected new features:
· Acoustic functionality is comparable to that of AirPods 3, featuring customized high-amplitude drive units combined with high-dynamic-range amplifiers. Enjoy self-adaptive equalizer function, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, and audio sharing.
· Updated H1 chip with integrated self-adaptive noise cancellation capabilities and upgraded SiP packaging system. Expect better performance and better power consumption.
· Heart Rate detection is the long-rumored innovation that should allow to detect heart rate from inside the ear.
· Hearing Aid capability based on sound collection from the charging case and its transmission to the earphone for sound enhancement and playback.
· Temperature detection may be one of the features of the heart rate sensor.
· USB-C port may or may not be one of the upcoming innovations.